How to get started in Vietnam?First decision point is will you produce your own styles or choose from a catalog provided by the factory? This is OEM vs ODM. OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer and you provide the design while the factory just produces. ODM stands for original design manufacturer and the factory provides designing and manufacturing. Vietnam is 99% OEM. China is good at ODM. Do you have your own designs? If yes, Vietnam is a good place to start sourcing production. If no, then I recommend China.
Second decision point is how will we start working together?
You provide me a tech pack. (Download)
You provide me a quantity breakdown list. (Download)
I get a price quote.
I get a sample for you.
I do quality control for you.
Your freight forwarding company ships to you.
This is simplified but basically that is how it works.
If you like to read and learn then I recommend my books:
Let's meet on Skype or WhatsApp (Free, book appointment here)
Hire me for:
- Consulting ($50/hour)
- Factory Introductions by Email($100/factory)
- Factory Visits($500/day)
- Design/Development/Production($1,000/month,1 Style, 1 Color, 1,000 pieces)
I recommend we start with a one hour consultation.
I ask that you pay me in advance using Pay Pal ([email protected])
I use the attached worksheets to brainstorm with you and come up with an action plan.
You choose what we discuss or I will lead the conversation.
- Home How to start a clothing line producing overseas is what I specialize in. May I share my best advice with you?
- Internship Would you like to apply for a fashion start up internship in Vietnam? We design a collection and create the marketing and sales plan.
- Digital Marketing Internship Copy Would you like to apply for a digital marketing internship in Vietnam? We use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to track web traffic.
- Video Production Internship Would you like to apply for video production internship in Vietnam? We Screenflow and Pixelmator to produce short information videos.
- Apparel Business Internship Would you like to apply for an apparel business planning internship in Vietnam? We use Live Plan to write your pitch, do market research and calculate financials.
- Business Planning Learn how to write a fashion startup business plan in Vietnam. I recommend using Live Plan online application and include your Why
- Why, How and What Five statements need to be in your fashion startup business plan template. Know your why, how, what mission and vision.
- Marketing and Sales How to write an apparel business plan starts with having a strong marketing and sales plan from day one.
- Predicting Expenses and Borrowing I explain how to write a garment business plan by predicting your expenses and figuring out how much money you need to borrow.
- How much does it cost? Chris Walker knows how to start a fashion business with low MOQ in Vietnam. First step is to contact factories.
- Small Batch Clothing Chris Walker can help you with small batch clothing manufacturing in Vietnam. First step is to get your tech packs made.
- Apparel Tech Packs Blog Hire apparel tech pack services in Vietnam or learn how to make your tech packs before producing in Vietnam.
- Apparel Tech Pack Freelance Directory Apparel tech pack freelance directory for fashion start ups to contact and prepare for production in Vietnam
- New York Nadia Tandra is an apparel tech pack freelancer in New York that can make your tech packs and prepare you for production in Vietnam.
- Ho Chi Minh City Dane Nguyen is an apparel tech pack freelancer in Vietnam that can make your tech packs and prepare you for production in Vietnam.
- Berlin Diep is from Vietnam and lives in Germany. She offers apparel tech pack services in Berlin. Her specialty is technical design of activewear.
- San Francisco Carla is a womenswear fashion designer in San Francisco that offers tech pack services using Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design.
- Los Angeles Belinda Belinda offers technical apparel design services in Los Angeles. She can do tech packs, garment design and offer merchandising advice.
- Perth Sunitha is a garment tech pack freelancer in Perth that has 20 years experience with pattern making and cutting for ladies fashion.
- Manchester Sarah Cordery is an apparel tech pack freelancer in Manchester. She offers garment design and illustration services.
- Sheffield Lou Watson is a freelance lingerie designer and corset maker in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom and she can do tech packs.
- Phoenix Paige is a freelance apparel designer in Phoenix that specializes in kids and womenswear.
- Los Angeles Toni is a freelance apparel designer in Los Angeles, California, that specializes in women's denim.
- Ho Chi Minh City Ann is a freelance tech pack designer in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, that specializes in women's contemporary clothing.
- Ward, Colorado Natalie Waltrip is a freelance tech pack designer in Ward, Colorado, specializing in articulated fit for athletic apparel.
- Books Chris Walker knows how to start a clothing company manufacturing in Vietnam. Start with getting price quotes and samples made.
- About Chris Contact the best fashion start up consultant in Vietnam and ask your questions about fabric sourcing, sample making and production.
- Contact Chris I offer garment production services in Vietnam and ebooks to guide you through production, buying fabric and quality control.
- Sitemap What is the import duty for Vietnam?